21.5.04

New Canon EOS 300 D

My work just purchased a Digital Camera, a Canon EOS 300D, or if your in some other place other than Australia, the Canon Rebel. It came with a 18mm to 55mm zoom and a 50mm 1.8 lens. The 50mm lens is awesome, still working with the zoom, and even though I'm not good at hand holding cameras I am doubting the sharpness of this lens. This camera has some very nice features, it is really fast to work with, for a digital camera. The menus on the camera are intuitive, and easy to navigate. It's a bit light for my liking though, and does not have a flash nipple. All round this camera is a beauty and worth the price we paid for it. I've got it for the weekend and hope to blast a shitload of images off with it, maybe even add a little gallery on my own site? Thinking of buying a digital camera? The site dpreview.com has some great reviews on cameras, we did all our research before buying our little Minolta DiMAGE G400 on there a few months ago. Which as a small, and I mean small, pocket camera, is truly magnificent, long as you are happy with 6 x 4 snaps only.

No comments: