29.9.04

The days of the monolithic local television station Web site are numbered

Ah music to my ears, anyone out there in TV land listening? No I didn't think so.

The days of the monolithic local television station Web site are numbered. They're all built on the portal model, with a home page and links to material deeper within the site. That model is being rewritten by people who don't want to be forced to go here just to get to there. RSS and search are enabling people to have it their way, and who knows what's to come downstream?

You may well ask how I know this comment/idea is true? Glad you did, here's an example of why, last night my wife and I *both* had our laptops open and searching browsing the web at the same time. The TV? well it was on but we hardly paid any attention to it.

Will anyone in TV land notice? Probably not, do I care nope! All I ask for is the death of TV as we know it, and pronto thanks!

No comments: