7.12.04

Maps, Journeys, Location, Self

Ideas come at the funniest of times?

I'm up early, 5:30 am to be exact. Laying in bed this morning, I had an idea in that half awake half asleep state of mind. It's scribbled down in my journal... now... of course.

It will be interesting to see how it, the idea, develops when I refer back to this and the ensuing entries involving it's development and constructiuon.

The first questions now are:-

  • Navigation/Interface
  • Sound?
  • Interactivity?
  • Should I use text?

Some other initial thoughts, how does one "draw a visitor/user in"? Will the journey itself be enough of an experience? Do I attempt to make a single finished piece?

So many questions, just like at the beginning!

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
Marcel Proust

For the benefit of both my readers, this idea/project will take the form of an interactive screen based art piece. Which is a whole new direction for me.

No comments: