30.9.04

Photographers Web Resource

Are you a student of image making using cameras? Do you enjoy taking photos and want to take better ones? Do you enjoy visual histories? Then check Kodak's George Eastman house web site out. It's a resource that as an artist, educator and photographer that will prove invaluable for many years to come, here's why. And I quote from the front page.

The photography collection includes more than 400,000 photographs and negatives dating from the invention of photography to the present day. The collection embraces numerous landmark processes, objects of great rarity, and monuments of art history that trace the evolution of the medium as a technology, as a means of scientific and historical documentation, and as one of the most potent and accessible means of personal expression of the modern era. More than 14,000 photographers are represented in the collection, including virtually all the major figures in the history of the medium. The collection includes original vintage works produced by nearly every process and printing medium employed.

Now if I could just find some one, anyone to pay me to study this collection full-time, I'd be a happy man. Are either of you offering?

For what its worth, I have made some small changes to my website, added some links, to my links page and modified my 126 gallery pageand tweaked the bbq page.

No comments: