18.5.04

Preparations

Well the big trip is 4 weeks away. Things are slowly starting to take shape. We have a house sitter. The small issues like finances are being looked after. I recently discovered that my folding 6x9 camera is actually working again. Now I will have a serious camera for the trip after all, phew. We are driving past the Salton Sea and I didn't want to miss making images of that one. (The Salton sea is a man made lake that has flooded several times in it life leaving many homeless as it's water levels encroached on the trailer parks and other areas occupied by people around the lake, Richard Misrach has used a large format camera to capture the surreal beauty of this environment, he, by the way, is one of my favourite photographers) BB is starting to hot up sadly I'll miss the mid to end game coz I'll be OS

No comments: